Traveling During Covid-19
Tips and guides for traveling during Covid-19
- Make sure you are allowed to enter your destination country and allowed to transit through all the transit airports along your route. You can refer to the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Travel Centre website when planning your travel routes.
- Make sure that you have all the necessary documents ready for immigration checks. (e.g. residence permit, special entry pass, proof of kinship, etc) Check with the immigration of respective country for more information.
- Make sure that your flight(s) is(are) still confirmed. Check with your airline on flight status before heading to the airport. Due to the current situation, many flights are being cancelled at last minute.
- Have extra masks handy. Disposable masks are recommended and more hygienic when flying as you can simply dispose them after using for 4 hours. If you are using cloth mask or reusable mask, you will be carrying the germs with you when you keep the used mask.
- Have a hand sanitiser in a easy to reach pocket or easy to access place. It is recommended to sanitise your hands frequently.
- Have wet wipes and dry tissue with you. These will come in handy when you need to wipe down tables, handles, and everything else along the way before using.
- Stay away from crowds. Even though joining the crowd can be very tempting, keep a 2-meter radius around yourself from other people.
- Check your temperature regularly. Have a portable thermometer on you if necessary.
- Observe regulations of local government.
- Monitor your health. Seek medical attention if unwell.
- Have fun and enjoy your trip.